|Fabric or cloth is a flexible artificial material that is made by a network of natural or artificial fibers. The example is thread or yarn which is formed by weaving or knitting as in textiles. Cloth is mostly used in the manufacturing of clothing and household furnishings etc. Cloth is made in many varying strengths and degrees of durability, from the finest gossamer fabrics to sturdy canvas sailcloths. Fabric has several definitions. Some of them are discussed below.|
* Cotton, is the most famous fabric and most widely used fiber in the world because of its versatility and ability to provide good comfort, particularly in apparel items . Cotton is soft, natural, vegetable fiber obtained from the seed-pod of the cotton plant. The use of cotton is diverse for example it is used in apparel, home furnishings, towels, rugs, and sewing thread etc.
* Polyester, it is a type of fabric which is a synthetic, man-made fiber produced. Some of it\'s features are crease resistance, ability to dry quickly, shape retention in garments, high strength, abrasion resistance, and minimum care requirement. It is very important fiber in upholstery fabrics, which is often used in warps due to its strength and inexpensiveness.
* Silk is a natural filament fiber produced by the silkworm in cocoon. Silk is mostly collected from cultivated worms, it is a thicker, shorter fiber produced by worms in their natural habitat. Primarily found in Asia there are several types of silk like tussah silk and wild silk etc.
* Acrylic, it is a synthetic fiber. It has a soft, wool-like hand, and is generally able to be dyed in a wide range of brilliant colors. Excellent sunlight resistance and wrinkle resistance is it\'s great feature.
* Velvet which is another type of popular fabric is basically a warp pile cloth in which rows of short cut pile stand so close together as to form an even, uniform surface. Velvet is appealing in look and with soft. Different fibers including silk is used in making of velvet.
* Damask is mainly made in china and it is firm, glossy jacquard-patterned fabric. It is a reversible fabric characterized by a combination of satin and sateen weaves. You can distinguish it from the ground by it\'s contrasting luster.
Some other fabrics are brocade, chenille, crewel, linen, rayon, sateen fabric and taffeta etc. Some more definitions related to fabric is �embroidery� which refers to an embellishment of a fabric or garment in which colored threads are sewn on to the fabric to create a design. It can be done either by hand or machine. �Grois Point it is a fabric which features large points of yarn on the surface of the fabric, �hand� is the way the fabric feels when it is touched and �printed fabrics� which refers to the textiles with design elements or motifs which are applied to the surface of the fabric like in dyes or pigments.
Information of Fabrics
->Fabric Manufacturing Process
->Fabrics Budget 2005-2006